PRISM HOLIDAY TOY SHOPPE: DECEMBER 19
LOCATION: VALLEY COMMUNITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH; 3100 LILAC DRIVE, GOLDEN VALLEY MN 55422
Organizing a gift drive for the PRISM Holiday Toy Shoppe can be a simple and fun way to engage your friends, co-workers, and congregations with little work or time commitment. You will make a child's holiday memorable too!
Five Steps to a Successful Toy Drive:
- Select the dates of your toy drive. We suggest holding it for at least 5-10 days. No matter what length of time you choose, plan on receiving items for a few days after your deadline. We ask that donations be delivered to PRISM before Wednesday, December 16.
- Set a goal. Goals are a great way to motivate a group. Set one right away, and you'll be surprised at how quickly collections will come in!
- Advertise and distribute printed publicity materials. Send an email to announce the drive. Consider a theme with ideas inspired by PRISM’s Holiday Toy Shoppe Needs List. Distribute or print out PRISM’s Holiday Toy Shoppe Flyer and share with the group who will be participating. Display them in public areas such as a front desk, break room, classroom, or neighborhood community center.
- Set up a drop off point. Print out PRISM’s Toy Drop Off Site Poster, and post it in an easily accessible area. Be sure to place the box or bin where people can see it. Displaying the gifts in a main area can be a great incentive and reminder for people to give.
- Collect, collect, collect! The hard part is over. As collections come in, remind yourself how much you are helping low-income families. We cannot wait to THANK YOU in person for your generosity!
Drop off toys before Wednesday, December 16 at PRISM or December 17 at Valley Community Presbyterian Church. Toys can be dropped off at PRISM Mondays 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Tuesday-Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. If you need more information please contact Allysen Hoberg via email.