HOW TO ORGANIZE A FOOD DRIVE IN 7 EASY STEPS
Organizing a food drive for PRISM can be a simple and fun way to engage your friends, co-workers, and congregations with little work or time commitment. You will nourish the families that PRISM serves too!
- Select the dates of your food drive. We suggest holding it for at least 5-10 days. No matter what length of time you choose, plan on receiving items for a few days after your deadline.
- Set a goal. Goals are a great way to motivate a group. Set one right away, and you'll be surprised at how quickly collections will come in! We can supply collections bags or boxes if you need supplies.
- Consider a theme. For ideas print out PRISM’s Food Need List. Tip: if you are working in an office environment, think about sending an Amazon link to needed food items that are on sale and ask that your group ship items directly to drop-off site.
- Advertise and distribute publicity materials. Distribute PRISM’s Food Shelf Flyer, and share with the group who will be participating. Display them via email or in public areas such as a front desk, break room, classroom, or neighborhood community center.
- Set up a drop-off point. Print out the Food Drop Off Site Poster, and post it in an easily accessible area. Attach another flyer to the boxes or bins that you are using to collect the food. Displaying the food in a main area can be a great incentive and reminder for people to give.
Collect, collect, collect! The hard part is over. As collections come in, remind yourself how much you are helping low-income families!
- Bring the food to PRISM. When you’re all done, you get to drop off your donations. We will be so happy to receive the food and THANK YOU in person! Food donations can be dropped off Mondays from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Tuesday-Friday from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Your donations will be weighed. You will receive a receipt and tally for your generosity. If you would like more information please contact Dan Gregory at email@example.com or at 763-423-4210.